DBGen is a company highly specialized in the genetic testing of vision disorders.
Our raison d’être is to offer a high quality, reliable and affordable genetic diagnosis, which ensures clinical diagnosis and guides the patient towards emerging gene therapies for vision pathologies. DBGen team is firmly committed to contribute to precision medicine, promoting innovation and implementation of new diagnostic strategies based on the last conceptual and methodological advances.
DBGen will be closed for vacation from 3rd to 18th August.
Excellence in research and service
Decisive commitment to the patient’s quality of life
Genetic diagnosis applied to precision medicine
- 70-80% diagnostic yield.
- Interpretation of results by a team of passionate scientists and world-class professionals.
- Comprehensive and continuous follow up of the last advances and new pathological variants (bibliographic and database reviews).
- Actualization and optimization of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) techniques and conceptual advances.
- Proximity with the patient, the ophthalmologist, patients’ associations and ophthalmological institutions.
- Accurate, comprehensive and easy to understand genetic reports in English, Spanish or Catalan.
- Customized approaches to diagnose challenging and atypical cases, including those previously unsolved in other testing labs.
The high professional standards of DBGen allows defining, confirming or reconsidering the clinical diagnosis.
- Availability of functional studies, on demand, to assess the pathogenicity of novel variants.
Re-analysis tests, on demand, to identify new genetic variants with clinical relevance to complement a previous diagnosis.
An agreement between the University of Barcelona spin-off DBGen Ocular Genomics and the company Novartis España will enable the genetic identification of retinitis pigmentosa (RP) and Leber congenital amaurosis (LCA) in affected patients.
In DBGen we offer a new panel «Panel of Syndromes that occur with Strabismus (Congenital Cranial Dysinnervation Disorders)» designed specifically for the genetic diagnosis of these pathologies. Strabismus